Can I apply?
HDT grants can range from small donations of say one hundred pounds for contributions to ‘one off type costs’ such as uniforms and kits, to more substantial investments for refurbishments and building work. Our grants cover four areas of focus:
To find out whether you can apply for a HDT grant, you need to be able to answer yes to the following questions:
- Does your project fit within one of our areas of focus?
- Will your project benefit people in Irlam, Cadishead and/or Rixton-with-Glazebrook?
- Are you a ‘not for profit’ organisation?
‘Not for profit’ organisations with a governing body or committee, its own bank account and constitution can apply for funding from Hamilton Davies Trust. We aim our grants at grass roots organisations supporting activities and projects from the community up. Examples include:
- Voluntary and Community groups (including registered charities, CIC’s and Companies Ltd by Guarantee)
- Schools and Colleges
- Local partnership bodies or boards
- Parish councils or local authorities
- Sports clubs or associations
Alternatively, if you are a young person looking for support to develop your practical skills and employability, check out support available through the Chris Stocks Fund.