Do you want to make a real and lasting difference in your local area?
Do you have some time each month to spare?
Do you have a skill to offer, or just enthusiasm and drive?
YES? Then join us!
Hamilton Davies Trust knows what a difference volunteering in your local community can make and how it can enhance lives and make the local area a place where people want to live, work and enjoy. Volunteering can be flexible. It can be a one off commitment for a specific period of time or recurring. The time commitment can be small or large.
HDT will be launching its volunteering scheme in the near future…..Watch this space.
While we are still shaping up our volunteering programme we expect it may include:
- Help with gardening and horticulture in public spaces
- Litter picking, tidying and making the local area a more pleasant place to be
- Helping to develop walks and cycle routes and getting people involved in enjoying the local area and wildlife.
- Helping to develop public arts projects and make the area come alive with vibrancy in disused spaces.
Communication / information dissemination
- Help sharing information on what’s happening in the area so that others can become involved in local activities.
- Helping to support the development of information systems to engage and inform other local people in the community.
- Collating and developing information and insight into local history.
Building Advisers – Specific trade (ie: electricians, etc)
We need a team of tradespeople who can advise voluntary and community groups, as well as HDT on building work / improvements in the local area.
IT and technology volunteers
We need a bank of volunteers able to run drop in and other IT sessions in the local community, including our own iTea and Biscuits courses.
Are you interested in getting involved?
All of our available volunteering opportunities will be featured on this website once our programme is launched. Until then, please register your interest in supporting us and to be the first to hear about new opportunities, by completing the form below.